Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The House Guest


Have you ever wondered if you could really scream when the occasion arose? Well, wonder no more - I'm living proof! Sunday I opened the back door only to be greeted by one of the ugliest lizards that we have up here on the mountain. These little beasts actually look like baby alligators. This one was a good 7 inches long. And of course he ran inside and ducked under the couch. Fortunately, my husband was right outside working in the garden and came running. Mind you, this isn't the first time this has happened and we now have a plan..............get the long-handled dust pan with broom. I slowly moved the couch while my husband lay in wait. They both started to move and.......got him! Oops, he's not inside the dustpan but under it. Ok, back to square one. My husband slowly lifted the trap while Rick and I edged towards the little beast. Voila! He ran right inside and the broom was placed over him. Whew!

We released him outside and he immediately perched himself upon this large rock to soak up some sun. Life in the great outdoors, eh?

No comments: