Sunday, May 26, 2013

One Last Peek.....


I was going to wait and show you the back of the sweater once it was totally done.  But, I'm not very good at keeping surprises.  So, here's the back of the child's pullover called, "Mrs. Crumpet's Flock."
One more sheep has been added that's not in the picture.


Remember in the "Crumpet and Tea" storyline, Mrs. Crumpet owns her own yarn shop and doesn't have to dye her yarn because all her sheep come in various colors.  The only sheep that is white is "Tea" because he was never part of Mrs. C's flock, but a small baby lamb that she found in the woods.  What makes "Tea" unique tho, is that he always has cold feet and must always wear hand knitted socks!

I think that you'll really love the sweater front and I hope to start work on the chart on Tuesday.  Tomorrow our grandkids will be here and we will celebrate Memorial Day together.


I've been sewing away on more "Project Bags" and even made a run out to the desert this morning to buy more fabric!  This darling print with cherries all over it has a matching lining only in pink.


This one was just added also to our Etsy shop and more are ready to be cut out and sewn.  I'm already thinking ahead to Christmas and will make some up for the girls in the office where my husband works.  I'll tuck a pair of hand cranked socks in each bag along with some wonderful soaps from Tehachapi Soap Company.  Shhhhhhh, don't tell 'em tho!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

The sweater is going to be darling. I hadn't heard of that book before. I hope I'm a long time of "grandmother land," but I might have to buy it to have in my "sheepy" book stash, which is mostly composed of Kim Lewis books.