Monday, May 20, 2013

Craftsy Tote Bag Class


Have you ever wondered how they get those nice square corners on tote bags?  It's baffled me for ages.  I mean, I don't lose sleep over it or anything like that.  But, it has "bugged" me a bit!


This morning I took my very first Craftsy class on how to make a reversible tote, taught by Kristin Link.  I totally enjoyed doing this.  I was smiling the whole time!  AND, she showed exactly how you "box" a corner.  So simple, even I can do it.


I had lots of apron fabric sitting around and thought that it would make a marvelous bag, plus I had bought some lining on my last trip to JoAnn's Fabrics.


Even a nice size pocket was added with knitters in mind.


And VOILA!  Now that the basics are out of the way, I can embellish the next one and the one after that, too.  This first one may not be perfect, but I totally had a ball making it.

And since we haven't had a little giveaway for ages AND since tomorrow is our son's 36th birthday, how about if we have a little giveaway for this tote?  How does that sound?

Just leave a comment on this post and if you love to sew, tell everyone what you enjoy making the most.  If you don't sew, just make something up!!

On Friday, May 24th, I'll randomly draw one lucky name from all the comments (well, that's if anyone leaves any!) and announce the winner that day.

See you all then.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful, Kathy!
I LOVE to sew! I made my 2 girls' clothes, my own, and sometimes my husband's (wanted to prove to myself that I could make men's pants).
Now, I love to sew clothes for my granddaughter and sock monkeys--tribes of sock monkeys!

Knittingdancer on Ravelry said...

I don't sew but you love to have a new beautiful tote bag for my knitting.

Unknown said...

I don't love sewing. I love the end result. I'm always in too much of a rush sewing. I want quick not correct when I sew.

Sheila said...

Love your tote! I don't do much sewing but really hope to change that. Which craftsy class did you take?

Iesadora said...

I haven't sewn anything since the 5th grade LOL It was a tri-fold wallet made out of white jean material with pink trim - super cute! I really want to learn again, I have a sewing machine so hopefully soon I will.

Anonymous said...

Love how this bag turned out! I haven't taken a Craftsy class yet. I spend most of my free time knitting. I also want to make more time for sewing and spinning.

Unknown said...

Fun fabric that you used! And yes, it is a delight to learn a new thing. You will enjoy your new tote bags and all the embellishments you can fancy them up with. :-)