Thursday, July 22, 2010

I've Declared War on the Little Thieves................

Remember my brilliant idea of the stuffed animal from the thrift store? Maybe it wasn't so brilliant afterall. This morning I went out to water the garden and trees, and out jumped 4 ground squirrels from my apple trees. Little thieves!

This is war! Living up here on the side of a mountain, off the grid with no services but the ones you provide for yourself - you're on your own. I know what some of you are thinking, 'squirrel killer, small creature abuser.' This is war!

Twitter and Facebook have nothing on these little beasts. These guys have networking capabilities that exceeds the highest of human standards. One literally stands at attention (he's the lookout) and when he spots me in the yard, releases a high pitched frequency declaring, "warning, warning, the mean human is coming." Then the others scramble for their burrows. This is war!

I no more like this than you, but it's time for the big guns. I have no other choice, it has to be done. I'm heading to the music store to buy a new bow for my violin that I haven't played in 41 years! If I played lousy back then, imagine how bad it'll sound now. That alone should run 'em all out of town!



I'll keep you posted..................

Oh, be sure to check back late tomorrow. The next design in the "Crumpet and Tea" collection should be ready to post and place on our Etsy and Ravelry sites.

Have a great day out there!

No comments: