Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cleaning Doris.....


Once 200 - 300 socks have been cranked out, it's time for Doris to have a thorough cleaning.


Between the old machine oil and fuzz from all the yarn, it's pretty messy.


We always take note of the order in which each part comes off, because you have to put everything back in its right place.  I usually align one part wrong and end up having to start over.


My husband uses a small toothbrush to clean out all the gunk.  What a guy to do this for me!


Even the ends of each needle need to be cleaned up.


And once Doris sparkles and is put back together, she begins to crank smoothly again and I swear that I can hear her whistling a happy tune!

Whew!  Glad it's over and now I can look forward to cranking out several more hundred socks.

Our shipment of Regia should be arriving sometime this week and I promise to post lots of pictures.

2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

That looks like a major job! It is nice that DH will help you with it. I know it would take me more than one attempt to get everything back into its proper place.

Caroline said...

This isn't a comment on Doris, which is awesome! It's on your previous post. Have you ever seen the book A Garden for a Groundhog? I bought it when my kids were little, mainly because knitting figured in the story. The poor couple with the greedy groundhog in their garden really did try to appease the little guy, but he seems to have won in the end.