Thursday, December 27, 2012

I Hear a Rumble Coming Down Our Dirt Road....


With our recent snow here in the California mountains, it's been hard for our UPS driver to get up into our area.  Our roads don't get plowed, so he has to wait until they're manageable.  But, once I hear the rumble of his truck, I make a fast run out to our gate with great anticipation.


This is what he brought me today - sock yarn!  And this is no ordinary sock yarn either.  It's a new one from Plymouth Yarn Company called, "Diversity."  I LOVE it - I mean, I REALLY love it!  I hear from lots of people who just can't wear wool and finally there's something just for all of them.


It's a 93% acrylic/7% Polyester (elasthane) sock yarn, which means it has lots of s-t-r-e-t-c-h.  And the best part - Doris, our sock machine, loves it, too.


And when it's made up, this is what will thrill your heart.  Aren't these socks downright gorgeous?


I think that I will definitely have to order a ton of this for our little sock business.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Kathy,
I think of you so often as I wear those socks quite a bit! Still my fav's:-) Happy New Year to you and yours!
Blessings,
Suzanne

Caffeine Girl said...

Those are just gorgeous! It's about time someone came up with a good non-wool sock yarn. I can't wait to see the other colorways!