Friday, December 21, 2012

A Day to Stay Inside


It may be sunny and bright outside today, but it's been so cold.  We've had to rush out to the girls' chicken coop each morning to change out their frozen water.  Our overnight temps have been in the teens.  Fortunately, we also keep a waterer inside their hen house and that doesn't freeze, so they have water during the night.  Of course, I'm not sure that they drink water during the night!  I do know tho, that once darkness comes, they all march up their plank and call it a day!


The last two days have been terribly windy, so I've had to put the brake on our wind turbine.  Seems rather odd that we have to turn it off because it's too windy!  But, two years ago we had 80+ mph winds that broke the turbine and it had to be shipped off to Flagstaff, AZ and was gone for 3 long months!


So, I've decided to stay inside today and work on my Etsy shop.  I just listed these two wooden bobbins. They are becoming more and more collectible and are finally being appreciated for their craftsmanship.

Awhile back, I told you that I was making some decisions about our sock company.  Last night, I decided to keep our pattern shop going at Etsy, but opened up last night (on a trial basis) a new shop on Artfire.com.  You can click on the link to it over on the rightside of this post.

I'm also waiting for the UPS man to deliver some sock yarn today.  We just got an order for 25 pair to crank out over Christmas!  I wonder if Santa's elves might be able to come over and help!

No comments: