Friday, March 25, 2011

Twice Knit Mug Rugs



Thought you'd enjoy seeing the next pattern that I'm working on. These "Twice Knit Mug Rugs" use a technique that is new to most of us. With this method, the mug rugs will be more dense and appear woven instead of knitted. What a great way to use up leftover sock yarn and have some unique gifts! As soon as I have the pattern ready, I'll be sure to leave a post.

The sock order is coming along nicely. More yarn is due in, but I have 9 more days of some serious cranking and the yarn that has been shipped will be used up and made into lovely socks. Some people ask me how I can possibly make 150 socks! I always say, "one sock at a time!"

We had a dribble of snow overnight up here in the California mountains and a smaller system is due in tomorrow and then guess what? The weatherman promised that spring will bloom with full sunshine. Next week is storm free and the temps are going to climb. I simply can't wait!

Well, back to my socks and some housework. I hope your weekend is fantastic!

2 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

The mug mats look great and very useful. I always have a mug of something within reach. Have a great weekend.
Warmly,
Tracey

Knittingdancer on Ravelry said...

You need to teach Mac to help you crank out all those socks.