Friday, March 18, 2011

Knittin' and Cleanin'..............

Fridays I always like to do some serious cleaning so that there's less to do over the weekend. So, I crank out a sock and then take a break from knitting and then do about 30 minutes of housework. This cycle just repeats itself until the day is finally spent. That way I have the best of both worlds - completed socks and a clean house!



A blog that I visited a while back was focusing on one outside plant and the changes throughout the year that it went through. I thought that was a marvelous idea so decided to show one of our lilac bushes and what's going on with it right now.
I'll try and take a picture weekly so that you can see its progress.



It's a bit coolish outside today but the sun is shining and the winds are perfect for the gliders. For those of you who are new to our blog, we live very close to one of the world's greatest glider airports. They take off right overhead and it's simply fascinating to watch them. I doubt that we'll ever get tired of the show!

The space shuttle pilots have even trained here and the Air Force keeps a glider at the airport and frequently brings some of their pilots up for a day of training.

If you live in southern California, it's definitely worth the trip to Tehachapi to see this in person. They also have a small cafe there with some terrific chili!

Hope your weekend is a great one. We may have two storms coming in and the second might even bring snow!

5 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I love the idea about the plant; can I join too? Hard to wrap my head around ya'll having snow when we hit 82 degrees today. I am loving it all but the pollen {wicked this time of year}. Have a wonderful weekend.
Warmly,
Tracey

Heather J said...

I never knew that the gliders took off there! I was aware of Edwards Airforce base. My uncle and grandfather live in North Edwards but I have never seen the gliders awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Sue said...

It is chilly here in So. Cal. this evening. I was outside with the grands most of the day and when I went to the store about an hour ago the breeze just about froze me. I have peddle pushers on and 3/4 length sleeves on my top and I was wishing for long pants and a sweater.

I love your cleaning/work system. I should adopt that for sewing. I just might get something done with that system rather than pooping myself out with cleaning and then being to tired to sew.

I like the plant picture and can't wait to see how it progresses. I just planted most of our summer garden in peat pellets last saturday and already I have 2 inch plants. It is amazing how plants can grow so fast. I'll be checking back to see how your bush is doing. Have a blessed weekend.

Caffeine Girl said...

I miss the days when I could work at home!

Our spring is not as far along as yours!

busybusybeejay said...

Spring has finally sprung here in North wales UK.abeautiful day today.The daffodils are out and the leaves are showing.