Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More Pictures of Calico

There's a lookout point above the town that gives a wonderful view of Calico and parts of the California desert. That small mound in the distance on the left is an extinct volcano.


Visibility this day was as far as the eye could see.


This is just such a fun place to visit for families and you really do feel like you've stepped back in time.


This is the famous bottle house.


As we were leaving, I took once last photo looking up the main street. Goodbye Calico! We'll definitely be back!

5 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Kathy, I have put Calico on my to visit . I am hoping to take a trip to Ca. soon and I think my children would love this.
Warmly,
Tracey

Anke said...

I'd love to be able to visit that place! That bottle house looks very interesting.
I also wanted to thank you for the beautiful mittens! I received them yesterday and I love them! The yarn is so soft and I really like the color. Thank you very, very much!!

busybusybeejay said...

Hi.Just popping by to say hello.I came across your link on Little Cotton Rabbits.I knit socks !it's a bit of an obsession.I can't watch TV unless my hands are knitting.It looks an interesting place where you live and your recent visit to Calico looked fascinating.Very different to where I live in North Wales.GB.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

It's been many years since I've been to California. I must go soon and will surely visit Calico.

Sue said...

Looks like fun, and I didn't know there was a bottle house in CA. I am going to have to go see that. Don't you just love the way CA looks on a clear day and how you can see so far. My husband took some pictures for me last weekend that I will be posting on my blog next week and it was that same type of beautiful view like you have posted here. Beautiful pictures and now I want to visit that town.