Thursday, January 27, 2011

We Have Two Winners..............


As promised, we've randomly drawn two names to win this downloadable PDF pattern for our 9 x 9 felted casserole cover. And they are: Mumsie at Musings from Rosehaven Cottage and Teresa AKA Knittingdancer. If you would be kind enough to send me your email addresses, I will send you this downloadable PDF pattern. Congratulations to you both and enjoy those potlucks!

I've been working feverishly to build our inventory of socks for our Etsy shop. In the evenings while watching a good movie, I hand knit. This yarn is from Plymouth Yarn Co. and it's their Happy Feet DK weight sock yarn. It's a bit thicker and feels so yummy. These will be hard to part with!

And here's two pair (hand cranked on Doris) made from Fortissima from Schoeller + Stahl. Aren't the colors great? The color on the left is called Ayers Rock and on the right - Grand Canyon. Yummy, huh?

Tomorrow is Friday and that means it's "Ask Mac" time. For those of you who are new to our blog, Mac is our Boston Terrier who just happens to be quite the whiz dog. He'll be taking your questions on knitting or whatever you'd like to throw at him! So far, he has two viewers tomorrow with questions. And rumor has it that he'll be doing a little giveaway of his own tomorrow to one lucky person who leaves him a question. If you'd like to ask him something, just post it here and I'll make sure he gets it. (He was up late last night knitting with me, so he just went back to bed!)

Have a wonderful day and we'll see you all tomorrow to find out who wins Mac's giveaway and to read his answers. Please remember tho - he is a dog so keep that in mind if he gives advice!






















6 comments:

Tracy said...

I must ask Mac this....I'm a crocheter by heart, but is knitting much harder? Also, are there some projects that are just more knit-friendly vs crochet? Thank you in advance, Mac!

Sue said...

Congratulations to the winners what nice things to win.

Mumsie said...

Yay!!! gcdungan@centurytel.net

Thank you sooo much...I already have those poppin color yarns so...I'll be all set! ;o)

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Hi Mac,

Will you please tell on your momma?
What is the name of the color of DK weight Happy Feet yarn she used in the top photo in Thursday's post?

Thanks Buddy!

Mommy to Joshie, terrapoo, Zoey, kiten, Miriam, goat, and a whole flock of hens who won't stay still long enough for me to tell them apart!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Well Mac, I have a question for you: How hard is it to set up Doris to start knitting socks? I have become quite an admirer of Doris. Please don't take it personnel Mac, I think you're great too, but to turn out a pair of socks in three hours is pretty awesome. It took me three weeks to knit just one pair.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Thanks Mac!