Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Great Day to Make Socks......

Just finished this pair of socks for our Etsy shop. They're made with Plymouth Yarn Company's "Sockin' Sox" yarn. It's a wool, bamboo and nylon blend and works really well on our antique sock machine. As you can see, I never try to match up the color sequence. I think it's rather fun to just let the yarn do its own thing!

While I sit here and crank out socks, this is the view that I enjoy. Doubt that I'll ever get tired of it!

We're up to 4 pair of socks for the month so far. Today should add another pair!










4 comments:

Sue said...

Don't ya just love CA? I had a view similar to that growing up in Mira Loma. I loved it and so did my Mom. We would sit or stand in the living room just so we could look out.

Now I have a nice view over the tops of the houses across the street from me. I can see San Gorgonial Mt's and closer some pine trees in the the neighbors back yard. When I snake my way through the hills going to San Berdo. I can see the mountain range covered in snow. It is so beautiful.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I like that pair. I also like your blog. It's always interesting to see what you're up to.

Laura

Suzanne said...

That is a beautiful view! Would you like to come and see some snow? I am getting tired of it...LOL! The color combination on the socks is great--very earthy.

Heather J said...

Your view is beautiful! Wish that I was seeing that snow is a little boring right now. Your socks are cute closer fraternal twins than I have ever been able to knit.