Friday, January 7, 2011

An Idea for Your Projects.............



Instead of cramming all my knitting projects into one bag, I prefer to keep them all separate. That way they don't get scrunched and don't require a ton of blocking out the kinks, wrinkles and crumples.

You know those zippered cases that new sheet sets come in? They are absolutely perfect! They make it easier to take your project with you and keep everything nice and clean, too. Some of these even have a little front pocket slot.



My "new bag" contains a sock project. The yarn is Happy Feet from Plymouth Yarn Co. and it's been a delight to work with. I'm just working one row of K2, P1 followed by a knit row (a multiple of 3). It really makes for a nice and simple patterned sock.

I thought this year might be fun if I added a tip here and there. It'd be wonderful if some of you share yours, too. What are some of the "containers" that you use for your projects?

2 comments:

Sue said...

I do that too with sewing projects. But I am going to take up crochet again and learn to knit so I know I will be using your tip too. I have lots of clear zippered bags to use. Great idea.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I've used an old purse, a basket, one of those clear heavy plastic bags that cosmetics come in and zip up, and also a big ziploc freezer bag.

My favorite is fabric bag or purse. Of course, I usually only work on one project at a time.