Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Stormy Weather.....


The monsoons have made their appearance over the last couple of days, but yesterday was by far the worst.


On our eastern horizon they come in off the desert with thick black clouds and lightning.


Soon the high winds arrive because of the unstable air mass.


The result yesterday was a massive dust storm that went right through the center of town.

Today the weather is supposed to be much calmer so that means I can get back to some serious knitting.

The project that I'm working on for one of the yarn companies is over half finished.  The book will be out next spring and I can't wait to share the one design of mine that will be in it.


In my spare time I'm still knitting up more mismatched mittens.  They just keep me smiling!  AND if you check back in on Thursday, I'll have a little announcement for you all!

1 comment:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I've been at Mom's for a week, where we got a lot of HOT and MUGGY from this system.