Monday, August 5, 2013

Pumpkins, Pies & Mittens..........


See, just bring on pumpkin season and mittens start flying off my needles.


Remember all those peaches that we picked on Saturday?  Well, some pies definitely popped out of my oven with 'em.  Boy, did the house smell good that day!  I had to use a sugar substitute since my husband can't have sugar, but they still tasted quite yummy.


Fall will come quickly here in the California mountains, so it's nice to get a head start with my knitting.  Tons of hand cranked socks are scheduled to be made on our antique sock machine and I have oodles of leftover worsted that will become mittens.  Life is good when you make time for knitting!

4 comments:

amchart said...

You are making me long for fall!

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Do you also make pumpkin soup? I've only had it once, and it was delicious! Never tried to make it myself ... the kitchen is not my friend.

Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

I have never made pumpkin soup, but it sounds delicious! Maybe when the weather turns chilly I'll attempt it.

Caffeine Girl said...

I love peach pie. If I weren't traveling so much, I would throw together a couple!