Monday, November 1, 2010

We Have a Winner!

Before I announce the winner of our October Sock Give-A-Way, I want to thank all of you for entering our fun drawing. I love looking forward to things (even if I don't win) and hope that the suspense has brought you some enjoyment, too. I don't use a counter, but actually put the names into a hat and reach in for one - much more fun for me! The lucky winner of a pair of women's hand-cranked socks is Connie from N.C.
Congratulations Connie! I sent you a message via Ravelry. Please contact me at our email address (shown above) to let me know which size (S, M or L) you would like along with your mailing address. Again, congratulations!

I think we're just gonna have to do this again for the month of November. Tomorrow's post will have all the details, so be sure to check back in the morning, ok?

Now, I don't know about you, but when I visit a blog, I really enjoy the pictures, so here's some from our Saturday's outing to a local apple orchard.



Once again, the weather was cool and cloudy.



I stayed in the truck with Bo, while my husband and son did the picking.



There's just something so satisfying about visiting orchards and farms.



We ended up with about 20 pounds of Golden Delicious apples and of course I made a pie that afternoon!

Thanks again everyone for visiting today and like I said, tomorrow's post will be about the next give-a-way.

I hope your Monday is spectacular!

3 comments:

Living Off The Grid said...

Hi,
Pretty cool setup, my wife Jane loves knitting, and belongs to a craft (quilting) group. We have been living off the grid for over 16 years now. Nice to see someone else living out their dreams.

All the best,

Knittingdancer on Ravelry said...

The apples looks so deliciuous. I love the fall weather.
Congratulations, Connie for winning the Oct socks.

Sue said...

Congratulations to Connie.
On Blogs I love to see pictures and yours are always really nice.