Friday, November 5, 2010

Pilgrims and Monster Feet



Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. The house smells so wonderful with all the goodies in the oven and our home is filled with family and children's laughter. I can remember each year learning about the Pilgrims in school and how their lives intriqued me. Maybe that's why I've started a collection of Pilgrim figures.



And don't they add to the table decor?



Mitchell, who is my middle grandson (7 years old) asked me to knit him a green monster. I even have a drawing of how he should look! Here's his feet, complete with 3 toes each. Next, I'll start his body. More pictures will be coming.

Yesterday 3 knitting jobs were offered to me and I said YES to all three! This month will definitely be filled with lots of baking and a ton of knitting! I'm grateful, truly grateful for the work.

If you haven't commented yet on the post, "November Sock Giveaway," be sure to go there and read all about it. One of you will win a pair of women's hand cranked socks on Dec. 1st.

I wish you all a wonderful Friday and the best of weekends. Be sure to make some time just for yourself.

Til next time.....................

1 comment:

lapdogknits said...

Your pictures reminds me that there are in fact beautiful places in california other than concrete, cars and crowds....had a wonderful weekend, here's wishing you a good week right back:)