Monday, October 4, 2010

Dump Day.....................

Living off the grid in a rural area means that there's no trash service. Now I know that some of you are going to think I'm a bit strange, but I rather enjoy the weekly trek out to our local dump.



And Bo is his happiest on Mondays because the dump is his all time favorite destination. I have a feeling it's the aromatic smells that permeate the entire facility.



For some weird reason, it always reminds me of Kingman, Arizona. I think it's the hills and rock formations that make me feel that way.

It was a good thing we went early, because a nice rain storm moved into our area today and we had thunder, hail and major downpours. This storm came from our north, so it was much colder than last week's that came up from Mexico.



So, with a stormy afternoon, I cranked out 3 socks and made a nice pot of homemade potato cheese soup and even tossed in some of our garden squash. YUMMO!

And before I forget, be sure to read the post "October Sock-Give-A-Way" so that you can have a chance at winning a pair of hand cranked socks.

Now I'm off to work on Aadyn's sock monkey. Til next time...............

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

gosh the Soup looks fantastic~ is it hard to make??
Hugs
Vanessa