Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Gorgeous Sock Yarn....

We have a wonderful little book store here called Books & Crannies and they're now starting to stock yarn and needles.  Yesterday I popped in and found this new sock yarn - Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street Collection.  It's fabulous!  The actual yarn is "Petals Socks" and is a 50% fine merino superwash, 20% angora and 30% nylon blend.  And the colors are just amazing.

I immediately made this pair of women's socks with it to add to our Etsy store.  And do you know what's even better with this yarn?  On the label it reads, "Debbie Macomber is donating all of her proceeds from the sale of this collection to help children all over the world."  Now you can go out and buy some beautiful yarn and support a marvelous cause, too.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hey I haven't been by in a while and thought I'd come see what is up with you. Love the socks. I like Debbie's books too and have read a few seems only natural she would have a line of yarn. I am going to look for it next time I am at the store.

Knittingdancer on Ravelry said...

Beautiful socks. I haven't seen any of Debbie's yarn in the stores here yet. I have several of her pattern books.