Thursday, January 12, 2012

Counting Inventory for the Tax Man

Yep, even really small businesses like ours must do an inventory count each year.  Now that that's done, I can get back to some serious cranking on our antique sock machine and start adding new items to our Etsy shop.

With this being an election year, I thought it would be nice to work up some patriotic scarves.  This is a yarn that we get from Skacel and it's been quite fun to work with.

Now to some socks and we'll see if I can reach my goal of two pair today.

5 comments:

Gale said...

I have a ball of that yarn too. Planning to make a pair of gloves with it. But I really like your scarf idea. May do that instead. Would it work for a hat, too, do you think? Or would the decreases make the stars+stripes go wonky?

Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

I bet it would make a great hat, Gale. Try a few rounds and see how it looks.

Gale said...

Is your scarf a tube? How many stitches? You've got the stripes on it just perfect as they change color. And I may just give the hat a try. Will need more yarn to make a set!

Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

It is a tube and I did it on our sock machine that has 72 needles. So, try some sock size dp needles and cast on 72 sts. You could use less sts too, maybe something like 64 and the stripes would be a bit wider. I used almost 2 full skeins to make the scarf.

SierraK said...

I love that scarf!