My husband's mouth has been watering for a fresh berry pie. So yesterday, I surprised him with this one. I mixed blueberries and blackberries and what a delightful combination they made.
Here's just before going into the oven............
Here's just coming out of the oven.............
And here's just before going into his mouth!!!
I had some leftover yarn and pieced together enough to make this sock on Zak yesterday. His first sock!! I have to admit tho, I chickened out and didn't use his ribber. I added that on by hand last night while watching a movie.
A new machine is always a bit intimidating and I really didn't have the time until yesterday to really sit down and play with him. He did so remarkably well and I was pleased beyond belief.
Since Doris holds 72 needles, I've decided to use the finer sock yarns on her and Zak's cam holds 64 needles, so the yarns that are slightly thicker will work much better on him.
I told my husband that my next goal will be to have a machine that will do 52 (or maybe it's 54) stitches and then I can make socks out of worsted. Doris has a cam for that, but it's really a "pain" to switch out the cams and it's much easier (although more expensive!) to have a machine all ready set up to do the various weights. Maybe in 2 years I'll get another machine.