Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Arky Arky Creations Yarn Shop


Years ago (I mean really years ago), I owned a little yarn shop in Bakersfield called Arky Arky Creations. We all had some wonderful times there and I will always treasure the memories.

The shop didn't look anything like this photo, but my hubby painted me this and named the little shop after Arky Arky. It looks to me like a little place that you'd find in Paris.

There's days when I find myself looking at empty business locations and think to myself that we could open another shop in Tehachapi. Then reality sets in and I realize that I'm much happier working out of my home, making socks and designing new patterns. Guess there will always be that tug of war, tho.

1 comment:

Caffeine Girl said...

I love the painting. Sometimes they are truer than photos!

Retail is such a hard way of life. I can definitely see how sock-making home makes for a better quality of life.