Friday, March 15, 2013

Baked Apple Donuts - YUMMO!


I have an aunt that is a fabulous cook.  I mean fabulous!  I recently asked her to send me some of her favorite recipes and this one was in the batch.


They aren't really donuts as they are a muffin with a cake-like-donut-consistency.  They are fantastic and especially good the next day.  The hint of orange is delightful!  Here's the "pattern" for you:

Combine and cut in the first 7 ingredients:

3 cups flour
1 cup sugar ( I used Splenda since my husband can't have sugar)
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup butter or oleo

Then add to the above mixture:

1 cup grated apple
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 beaten eggs

Spoon into greased muffin tins (I used the large ones) and bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until done.

Remove from tins once cool enough to touch.

Melt 1/2 stick of butter;  roll the top of each  muffin in the butter then in to a mixture of 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. (I used regular sugar for this step)

Now put on a pot of coffee or a cup of tea and indulge!


And if I'm not in the kitchen, or working in the garden or taking care of the "girly girls," you'll find me knitting feverishly for next month's craft show.  Why not take a simple hat with a rolled edge and add two crocheted flowers and a little duplicate stitch and french knots?


All of a sudden you have a "one-of-a-kind" hat!

1 comment:

Caffeine Girl said...

The Baked Apple Donuts sound heavenly. I want to try them ... but I'm trying so hard to lose weight!

Another winning hat!