Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cooking, Knitting, Crocheting and Sewing


One of my favorite blogs and cooking shows is the "Pioneer Woman."  Ree Drummond is one talented lady and lives such an exciting life.  If you haven't visited her blog or seen her cooking show, by all means do so!  Her family is absolutely adorable and they live on a ranch in Oklahoma in the middle of nowhere. 

My husband and I get up early on Saturday mornings to see her 7 a.m. show and this past Saturday she made her root vegetable stew.  What made me want to try it was the bottle of beer that the recipe calls for.  I don't drink beer, but I just knew the stew would be so savory with it.  My guys LOVED this recipe.  We hated to see the bottom of the pot appear after two meals!


We have a craft show coming up in April, so I'm rebuilding our inventory for it.  Socks are a must since we are called, "Tehachapi Sock Company!"


And since I've been so intriqued with crochet lately, I thought a few small totes would look cute in our booth, too.


And somewhere in there, my son always finds a project for me.  He loves to drive around our property in his little Ranger and said that he needed a new flag for his pole.  He found this fabric at Walmart for $1.00 so that will be today's project - getting it attached will be the trick!


And in my spare time, I've been making aprons.  They're quick, easy and make wonderful gifts.  I thought that a few of these in our craft booth would be a nice addition, too.

No comments: