Monday, October 29, 2012

Mittens & Hearts


The blue pair are now done, soaking and about to be blocked.  I've decided to design a pair with corrugated ribbing and hope to have the pattern available within a couple of weeks.  Right now tho, I really must concentrate on the upcoming arts and craft show on Nov. 10th.  I've been cranking away on socks and will have some to show you on the next post.


I wanted to share with you this heart shaped rock that I just happened to find.  It's really crazy, but I find these all over our property.  One day when our grandsons were here, we all spent over an hour searching for more and found oodles of them.  I have a feeling it's a very good sign!


A few days ago, we had a fire about 10 miles or so from our house.  Fortunately, they had 3 water bombers and a chopper on it in no time.  They were able to contain it to about 35 acres.  This is the time of year that we get our Santa Ana winds that come off the desert.  California has more brush fires during this time of the year than any other.  Needless to say, we stay very vigilent around here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the blue pair of mittens. Love the red pair of mittens. Such a great cuff! And love the heart shaped rock. A good omen indeed.