Monday, April 2, 2012

A Little Warning................

Sorry there's no picture today, but instead I wanted to share something of importance - especially for you Etsy sellers.  Yesterday on my Etsy site there was a conversation waiting for me.  It was from a long haul trucker saying that he was interested in a pair of our socks and would be at the local Love's Truck Stop around 5:00 p.m.  He wanted to meet there to buy the socks.

I immediately sent the conversation to the Etsy team and did not reply.  Later, I got another one from the same individual saying that he was now at the truck stop and wanted me to call or text him.  Again, I did not reply.

I can't stress enough to all you Etsy sellers NEVER, NEVER meet with a potential buyer.  They can go through the normal channels of purchasing your goods like everyone else - it's called FedEx, UPS or Snail Mail!

It's a crazy world out there with a lot of wacko people, so keep your guard up and listen to that little voice of yours. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good choice. There are a lot of strange people out there. This one might have had good intentions, but really, did they think you were going to meet some rwndome ruck driver at a truck stop? I've been rolling a few things on Craigslist and if at all possible, I meet buyers at the local (fairly busy) post office parking lot.