Saturday, December 24, 2011

The First Gift of Christmas Was..................

In the movie, The Christmas Box, Richard Thomas enters Mary's (Maureen O'Hara) hospital room and says to her that he knows what the first gift of Christmas was.  It was a child.  For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Merry Christmas to everyone and may we all be thankful for such a gift.

And our lucky winner is TeddynBarbie.  Congratulations on winning a pair of our fingerless mitts.  Please write me at tehachapisockcompany@gmail.com with your mailing address and I will get those off to you next week.  Hope we made your day!

Some knitting news to announce:  the upcoming issue of Knitting Today Magazine should be out in a few weeks and inside you'll find one of our designs.  I won't spoil it, so you'll just have to peek inside!  If you don't subscribe to it, I've seen it on the shelves at JoAnn's and I'm sure other newstands will also carry it.


 I finished the "monsters" for our 8 year old grandson, Mitchell.  He absolutely fell in love with Rebecca Danger's book of knitted monsters and even asked for the book!  So, I included it and wrapped everything in a fun gift basket for him.  I can't wait to see his face tomorrow morning when we go to Bakersfield.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas tomorrow and thank you so much for your kind words throughout the year.   It's always fun to have so many friends from all around the country (and world) who share your passion for knitting and are always there with lots of encouraging words.  Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: