Thursday, December 1, 2011

Vacations are wonderful, BUT................

My husband's vacation is over and he's back to work now. Don't get me wrong, I adore my husband. He's a wonderful, wonderful Christian husband, father, grandfather and friend to all. We've been married almost 42 fabulous years. We think the same things and even complete each other's sentences! But, sometimes it's just a good thing to get back into your regular routine and have everyone where they normally should be.

He really is a great help around the house, but on holidays the safest place for him is to be out of the kitchen! Last year he volunteered to do the Thanksgiving dishes and unfortunately broke a favorite relish dish of mine. It was an accident and really was no big deal. But, this year I decided to just let him relax and I'd do the dishes.

I had everything neatly put away in the frig and everything cleared off the table except the butter dish. With my back turned, I heard a huge crash and quickly turned to see my husband standing ankle deep in turkey gravy. My mouth just dropped open. He had come into the dining room, saw the butter dish and decided to "help" by putting it in the frig. When he pulled out this one sliding rack, it caught the handle of the saucepan holding the gravy and slid it right out and onto the floor.

I didn't realize that gravy could splatter 5 feet in all directions - not to mention his shoes were covered in it. We had him slip out of them and just step backwards, hoping that he wouldn't step in anymore of it. The shoes were thrown out onto the back porch where Bo (being the yard dog that he is) completely licked them clean!

With that, the floor even got scrubbed, although I think bringing in the garden hose might have been easier! Next year, I'll remember to get everything in the frig before turning my back!

Knitting news: the mitts are going in the mail tomorrow! I hope to make a few pair now for Christmas presents and for our Etsy shop.


The project for the magazine is 1/4 of the way done now. I'm quite pleased with the results and will now focus on completing the rest. Hopefully, I can get a few more pair of socks made for our Etsy shop before Christmas.

So, I better get back to it and will write another post very soon - maybe even a little giveaway before Christmas!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: