Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two of My Favorite Things..................


Baking and knitting are such creative outlets and definitely at the top of my "favorite things to do" list. With the cost of bread rising in the stores, I decided it was time to make my own each day. I saw this wonderful new book on Crafter's Choice and I just had to have it.


They give you this wonderful recipe that you make in a large batch (no kneading and no gooey hands!) that you keep in the frig and just take out each day a portion to make your daily loaf. My husband and son love it, and now the house is filled with the smell of fresh bread everyday!


I finished the purple hand dyed sock and decided to try the pattern in yarn from Pagewood Farm, too.


Since this yarn is slightly thinner, I had to rewrite and test the pattern. As soon as this green sock is completed, I'll be able to offer the pattern.

What I love about it is that this decorative rib hugs the leg and foot very nicely and gives a yummy fit. Of course, the yarn is absolutely wonderful, too!



2 comments:

Anke said...

I love the smell of fresh baked bread! Even better when it's a really yummy loaf of course. :-)

Unknown said...

Baking and knitting are my favorite too! I dont bake bread daily, but I do it weekly for our sandwich loaves. Some fresh baked bread each day doesnt sound bad either. What is the name of the recipe you found?