Monday, November 7, 2011

Not Again!

Can you believe it.............the lights went out again Saturday evening.  Seems it's the same problem with the generator.  It's doing its best to crank over, but just can't quite make it.  Yesterday my husband pulled the battery out and ran a trickle charge to it, but it didn't help.  So, bright and early this morning he made a call to the company that came up last time.  They're due to call back later this morning to schedule a call out time.

Fortunately, we're getting rather good at improvising and even managed to get the pellet stove up and running with the help of our portable mid-size generator.  If I can heat the house up with that, then turn it off, I can do some stove top cooking.  The 2 small portable generators are each hooked to extension cords running through our bedroom window (the gap is sealed with tape because it's so cold now) and I can run our two floor heaters with those to keep the bedrooms warm.  I can even connect one to our washing machine and do a load of clothes - which I'll do in a bit.

I know this sounds so crazy, but for me, one of the reasons moving up here was to actually have to "work" for my existence.  My husband keeps reminding me that I got my wish!  At times like this it can be a harsh way of living, but honestly I wouldn't trade it for my old life!  We're in such a situation now, that we absolutely have to look up and that's THE best position to be in.

As far as knitting goes, I've been working on the above socks.  These still have the waste yarn all in place and I hope to finish them up later this afternoon.

Since my power is limited today, I better end this post and will get back to all of you as soon as I can.  Take care and keep warm!

No comments: